Monday, April 19, 2010

An update for those who listen

I was asked for a little update... I guess I haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention to my blog lately. :-)

I'm not really sure what to say. I do know for a fact that I am bored out of my mind... Well not totally bored out of my mind... But now that finals are done or my one final (not going to talk about it, Stupid Religion teacher) All I have left is a little bit of work for the DIPPR lab, some packing and reorganizing there really isn't much that I have left to do. I am ready for a change. Ready to get out of BYU. I love BYU, I love Utah... but I need a change. I guess it's not so much from school as it is from everything else. I was actually accused last night of giving up on the world... It made me think. (Strange for me I know but it happens every once and a while.) I don't think I have given up on anyone, just straighten out my priorities and decided what I want for my immediate life. It got me thinking even more about my goals. I had to write a huge 10 page goals section for my Personal Finance Portfolio, and thinking about these, I know I haven't given up on the world or myself. I have learned several things about myself though over the past little while.

I've learned that I'm not nearly as patient and understanding as I should be. Life is never easy, that is one lesson that I am learning. I'm used to it being easy. I've had hardships but I've always had what I needed. Even what I've wanted. I have had to come to terms with no matter how hard I work, there some things I can't just 'work for.' There are things in life my that I have no control over. It's controlling what we can, and accepting what we can't control and trying to make the best of things.

I had a temple recommend renewal interview this past week, and as I in the interview I kept having these feelings that everything was ok. That I was ok. I answered the questions and then my bishop thanked me for not just giving rote answers, but thinking about the questions that I was being asked. I told him it was more than that. It was how I was feeling. He agreed with me, and we talked that that was what really mattered. How we were feeling, or how the Holy Ghost communicates with us is key. And are we listening? Am I listening?

There is another thing, probably one of the most important pieces of the puzzle that I have learned over this past few weeks. How to really listen. I can always be a better listener to other people, I definitely have a tendency to tune them out or a desire to leave the conversation when what they are saying is um... silly. That's the best word. but I'm talking about listening to myself and listening to the Holy Ghost. Or not listen, but quite my soul to really listen. What is it that I feel? What is it that the Lord desires of me? Taking time to be quite listen has made all the difference, and indicated some pretty silly things of my own.

Ok... on to a more jovial matter... Did anyone know that it has rained fish!?!? I learned the other day that there have been over 600 accounts of raining fish. Everything from the live startled fish falling out of the sky, to fish frozen in solid blocks of ice have been reported to have fallen from the ski. High winds come by and pick up the contents of a pond, pull it up into the upper atmosphere and then drop the animals. Depending on how long they stay airborne indicates whether or not they are frozen. Hahaha! I guess a better statement over it's raining cats and dogs is "it's raining frogs and fish!" Anyhow... I'm gunna sign off before I really go crazy. ;-)

To any who read this. I'm sorry. I know I'm weird.

1 comment:

  1. Rained? Fish??? Someone is pulling a fishing net over your eyes....;) haha. Thanks for posting an update!

    ReplyDelete